Our aluminum stilts use a number of high grade materials.
- All tubes and shin braces are Aircraft Aluminum 6061-T6. High strength and very corrosive resistant.
- Used in the structure of the stilt is UHMW- (Ultra High Molecular Weight) Polyethylene. From Wikipedia “… a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.”
- Organic Cotton Shin padding
- Custom molded rubber tip bottoms have a durometer rating of 65. That means it’s the equivalent toughness of a car tire. We like that.
- All Stilts and their parts are MADE IN SANTA CRUZ in a batch process of 10 or 20 at a time and we are meticulous in our process to give every pair the custom treatment they deserve.
Our wood stilts are:
- Made from Douglas Fir wood that is sustainably grown here in California.
- Giving you the choice of shin support we offer the same organic cotton, padded, aluminum ones that come on our premium aluminum stilts or you can choose the PVC shin support and use your own padded knee pads.
- The kids multi colored wood stilts have built in foam cushion on the shin supports.
- The rubber bottoms on the wood stilts are also the custom molded rubber tip bottoms found on our aluminum stilts